Our clients are our priority, we offer quality dental services with a team of specialists.
Teeth Whitening in Royal Palm Beach, FL – Dr. Bruce Elkind
A white, bright smile gives the appearance of health and youth. Over time, however, it’s almost inevitable that your smile will darken and become discolored. Smoking, certain foods and drinks, and even the aging process itself can all take their toll, and you may feel less confident about flashing your smile to the people you meet.
Why Teeth Become Discolored?
Discoloration of your teeth can occur for many reasons, including:
- Tobacco: Tar and nicotine are the major damage here, causing discoloration and staining of the teeth.
- Eating and drinking certain beverages and foods: Drinks with darker pigments like tea, red wine, and coffee. These color pigments are known as chromogens and cling to the enamel, which is the outer white part of the tooth.
- Time: You may be able to help your teeth by not smoking, or eating and drinking certain beverages or foods, but aging is something you cannot help. Dentin, which is yellow in color, is located under the enamel. As you age, the enamel starts to wear away allowing the dentin to show.
- Medicine: There are certain side effects of medications that can cause your teeth to become discolored. Many medications such as high blood pressure, antipsychotic and antihistamines cause discoloration.
- Injury: If a tooth gets hurt, it can also become discolored. It becomes discolored because when it gets hurt it produces more dentin. Enamel is white and when your tooth produces more dentin, which is yellow in color and lies underneath the enamel, then the yellowish dentin becomes more visible.
Teeth Whitening Benefits
There are many benefits to teeth whitening. Some other products you have tried may not have worked because of dental procedures and even though it is not medically necessary, it does have its benefits.
- Simplicity: Teeth whitening is very simple, especially looking at all the other cosmetic procedures. All it takes is one appointment for you to notice your whiter and brighter smile.
- Self-Confidence: You may be hiding your smile due to the discoloration from time, tobacco or certain beverages or foods. One visit at Bruce Elkind’s office and your confidence will be revved up and you will want to show your smile to the world.
We want to give you back your confidence in your smile, and teeth whitening (also called bleaching) is a great way to do that. Call us today at 561-798-4077 to set up a consultation with Dr. Elkind to see if teeth whitening in Royal Palm Beach is the right choice for you.
Contact us: Visit us at 9100 Belvedere Road #201 in Royal Palm Beach or call us at 561-798-4077.
Book An Appointment
9100 Belvedere Rd #208
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
$99 New Patient Special
$99 Teeth Whitening Special
DR. Bruce Elkind, DDS, PA Family And Cosmetic Dentistry
DR. Bruce Elkind, DDS, PA
Family And Cosmetic Dentistry